Press releases can be great to help boost your PR but when should you send a press release?
Any time you have something interesting to share. This can include:
- Breaking news : In the current 24 hours news cycle news organisations want to be 1st to cover news when it happens so help them out with a press release.
- New Product launches: New products often make for good news copy
- Events: These can offer reporters something timely and interesting to share with their audiences.
- Partnerships: If you team up with another company to deliver on a project or services the news media may want to know.
- Sharing research: Original data and insights are always of interest to the press.
- Awards: If you don’t blow your own trumpet nobody else will.
- Hiring new executives: At larger organizations, this can be considered important news.
- Crisis management: When the you know what hits the fan !, it’s best to get in front of it (before someone else does).
Make sure you have something your audience (and the media’s audience) will care about. This will dramatically increase the odds that your release will earn coverage.